YOUR “FREE” BULKY WASTE PICK UP SERVICE
We thank the citizens of Crescent in advance for their help in keeping our city clean.
Pick up takes place on the second Saturday of every month. Waste should be placed at the curb by 6:00 am before the Saturday pick up. Up to three (3) cubic yards per month, (ABOUT THE SIZE OF 6-55 GALLON DRUMS. It will remain the responsibility of the property owner to dispose of any non-allowable or hazardous items of waste in excess of 3 cubic yards.
• Items should be set at least five feet from mailboxes, gas meters, cars, shrubs, or anything else that could interfere with hand loading or mechanical.
• For the same reason, items should be set at least ten feet away from utility poles, to prevent contact with overhead power lines.
• Bulky waste pickup is for household items not normally picked up with your regular poly cart residential trash pickup. Regular garbage will not be picked up on the Bulky Waste Service day.
• Bulky waste must be in a size, weight and length that will fit in the hopper of the garbage truck.
Here’s what we can pick up:
• Waste must be able to be lifted and handled by two persons and manageable.
• Discarded household appliances, Water tanks, Discarded Furniture, Mattresses
• Extra-large cardboard boxes (broken down and tied into tight bundles)
• Trees, limbs and wood scrap (tied and bundled, max length of (4) feet, not more that (55) lbs.
• Fencing (up to 4 panels)
• Non-contracted remodeling waste that is containerized (that is, leftovers from do-it-yourself projects)
• Appliances that no not contain freon, such as old refrigerators and window air conditioners, compressor must be removed, or it has a sticker showing certified removal.
We are prohibited from picking up:
• Hospital/medical waste or hazardous waste of any kind.
• Poisons, acids and caustics, explosives.
• Dirt, rocks, bricks (concrete)
• Sewage and liquid waste, nuclear materials
• Gasoline, kerosene, oils and other fuels
• Propane tanks, degreasers, lubricants, brake fluid, antifreeze, batteries, tires and rim, car batteries
• Sheet rock or roofing items
• Contracted construction, reconstruction, demolition and repair waste, storm debris
• Items containing freon
PLEASE CONTACT WASTE CONNECTIONS INC. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS
Plan to come out and be a part of the 4th of July Celebration in Crescent!